What to look for in a home security camera in Charlottesville
When it comes to home security, it just helps to get a complete view of your property This is a principal reason why security cameras are among the best tools to think about as you design your home security system. Despite the fact that standalone cameras are effective when set up properly, they’re even more useful when incorporated into your home’s smart home system.
Are you interested in what to look for in a home security camera in Charlottesville? You’ll be glad to find these important devices have more benefits than ever before. You are able to see live feeds from inside cameras or catch the attention of intruders with built-in deterrent mechanisms from outdoor cameras. And you can see your cameras easily in one place.
Powerful features enhance home security cameras in Charlottesville
Loaded with features and easy-to-incorporate security cameras will raise your home’s defense to a different level. These essential aspects of your home security system may come equipped with an incredible array of features such as 2-way talk, motion detection, and convenient cell phone access. Take a look at the possibilities here.
- Effective deterrents: Install a security camera that will take action automatically. If unusual activity is observed by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a bright ring of red light will appear on the outside of the lens and a loud warning will sound.
- Night vision: Powerful IR night vision capability offers clear footage of your property no matter the time of day. Your cameras will also keep their visibility as you zoom in on details.
- Convenient storage: Look for security cameras with recording and storage cloud functionality and the chance to watch clips directly from your mobile device app.
- Mobile app: Today’s home security cameras in Charlottesville are frequently paired to a helpful smartphone app. You have the opportunity to watch current feeds or recorded clips and even arm or disengage your system. The Vivint App will send an alert to your cell phone when a triggered event occurs.
- Motion detectors: Built-in motion sensors means your cameras will activate when strange action occurs. You’ll even get a notification on your smartphone.
- Converse with delivery people or members of your family: Would you welcome the chance to touch base with your kids after school? Have you found a delivery person at your doorstep? Today’s surveillance systems, such as the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, offer convenient two-way audio so you can speak to the people within range of your camera.
- Greater viewing angles: As a good rule of thumb, your exterior video cameras should provide an angle of 120° or higher. As an example, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro gives you a viewing angle of 140°.
- Customizable zones: This feature allows you to set the exact area you wish your camera to watch over. This will be helpful to better define the activity you record as you don’t necessarily require updates each time a vehicle goes by on the street.
Design your own smart home
You should have a good idea of what to look for in a home security camera in Charlottesville. The next step is to get started on your robust Vivint smart home. Dial (434) 404-5302 to start or fill out the form below to engage our security specialists.