What should you do when your Charlottesville home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your property – and your family – against the many risks you could face, like burglary, fire, and flooding. Despite the fact that your home may be ready, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Charlottesville home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm is likely to be jarring, confusing, and might provoke panic. Your best choice is to stay level-headed and abide by these simple suggestions.
Steps to Take When Your Home Alarm System In Charlottesville Goes Off
You never want to be in this situation, but it’s also why you installed a home alarm system from the outset. You’re roused in the wee hours of the morning with the distinct sounding of an alarm after a security sensor has been tripped. Now what should you do?
- Try not to panic. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is blaring, and your pulse is pounding. But keeping a cool head is the optimal way to assess what is happening. Avoid the temptation of trying to deal with the emergency yourself and permit your monitoring professionals and first responders to perform their job.
- Attend to your family members. Your main focus should be your loved ones and getting them out of harm’s way. In the case of a intrusion, this might include going to an appointed safe zone as far away from access points as possible. The invader was in all likelihood already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to be extra cautious. If there’s smoke or a blaze, you need to vacate your home right away.
- Don’t forget your cell phone. Most people keep their phones with them all the time these days, but you might neglect to grab it during an urgent situation. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll be able to stay connected with your monitoring professionals and get updates through your home security app.
Work With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Specialists
The moment your home alarm system in Charlottesville goes off, your 24-hour monitoring specialists will act immediately. Their first move is to verify your alarm, and that includes getting in contact with you. The procedure they follow is dependent on the sort of emergency. For instance, if the emergency is is for medical reasons, one effort will be made to contact you before first responders are deployed. If you have an intrusion - the most typical sort of alarm - a monitoring agent will follow these steps to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to reach you via the touchscreen interface. You will generally be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that effort doesn’t result in a response, a call is made to your main contact number.
- An alternate number or your primary contact person is called next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, local law enforcement officers are deployed.
- Your monitoring agents will try to reach you again after the proper authorities are contacted.
If you're not in a position to communicate with monitoring staff, don’t fret. Help will still be sent even if you're unable to verify the emergency.
Get protection for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Charlottesville
Be prepared for any emergency with a modern home alarm system in Charlottesville from Vivint. Contact (434) 404-5302 to begin designing your home’s security today.