Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Charlottesville smart home
At the heart of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in full charge of your Charlottesville home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and check out recommendations to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Charlottesville help you?
Wirelessly connecting to devices through radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You may arm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. If adding a doorbell camera, you may even speak to visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity for enhanced reliability. It also offers total remote operation through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the functions you can carry out:
- Check real-time or saved video streams from your connected cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Charlottesville by setting schedules or establishing rules. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your entrances unlock when the smoke detector triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s straightforward - just follow these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will be in the home and arms everything except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be gone, and everything in your home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll notice a notification if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For instance, an open window or door will cue you to act. It’s worth noting that you may still arm the security system by adhering to the instructions above. You will then need to verify you would like to bypass the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Charlottesville
Even though various users can be set up during the initial installation, you will likely want to add an additional user at some point. Here’s how it’s done.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote functionality, select email or phone and provide the info to dispatch an invitation.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, simply go to the menu, tap users, select the user you want to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Charlottesville smart home. Call (434) 404-5302 to get started.